Wall Can Installation Guide
Structural Wall Applications
- Measuring Tape & Marker
- Drill with hammer setting
- 1/4" Wood drill bit
- 7/16" Masonry drill bit
Mounting Kit Includes:
- 2" x 2" x 1/4" Pre-drilled Al. Channel
Structural wood framing attachment anchors
- (3) 1/2" x 5" zinc hex head wood lag w/ washers
- (3) 1/2" x 2-1/2" zinc hex head wood lag w/ washers
Structural concrete or masonry block attachment anchors
- (6) 1/2" x 3-3/4" Concrete anchors w/ washers
Step # 1
- Identify structural wall location.
- Determine structural wall assembly.
- Concrete Masonry Block.
- Structural Wood Framing.
- Select appropriate bolt fastener for your structural wall assembly.
- First, scribe leveling line between 30” & 36” above finished floor. (Step #1 above)
- For gravity systems, you may wish to measure the height of your vehicles fill spout, and use that measurement as your leveling line.
- Identify exact center of vertical structural member and mark as center line. (CL) this will be the horizontal center of your tank.
- Measure and scribe small vertical mark 16” on each side of center line. (CL)
Step # 2
- Drill the center line fastener first.
- Use appropriate size bit for your fastener and wall structure.
- Each Wall Can kit contains fasteners for structural wood or concrete bolting applications.
Step # 3
- Position fastener though center hole of aluminum channel and into drilled center line (CL) hole, tighten snug to structural wall assembly.
- Confirm or re-establish level alignment, mark left and right bolt locations. Tilt aluminum channel vertically and drill remaining fastener holes.
- Return aluminum channel to horizontal position.
Step # 4
- Install/bolts (2) remaining fasteners on left and right side of center line (CL)
- Tighten all three fasteners to a firm torque in which the washers remain adjustable.
Step # 5
- Lift tank into position, align tank saddle notches with bolt fasteners.
Step # 6
- Align tank saddle notches with bolt fasteners.
Step # 7
- Seat tank firmly along the bottom of the aluminum channel.
- Adjust left or right, make sure tank saddles are centered over bolted channel fasteners.
- The tank will now sit unassisted in the channel.
Step # 8
- Verify tank is seated firmly along the bottom of the aluminum channel.
- Verify tank saddles are centered over bolted fasteners.
- Mark the top (3) bolt flange openings.
Step # 9
- Remove tank from channel.
- Identify marked locations, drill and prep top (3) holes for bolt fasteners.
- Reinstall tank in aluminum channel.
- Verify tank saddles are centered over bolted channel fasteners.
- Adjust left or right while aligning bolts in upper flange connection.
- Verify tank is seated firmly along aluminum channel.
- Gently tighten (3) bolted connections along aluminum channel.
- Complete upper flange connection with washer/nut or lag bolt installation.
- Gently tighten (3) bolted connections along top flange.